I recommend Hot Oil Treatments at least once a month. For extreme dryness once a week. There are many different types of oils that can be used in these treatments, depending on your hair type and needs. For example:
- Jojoba Oil is similar to sebum, which is the oil that our skin produces naturally.
- This means that jojoba oil is very safe to apply to hair and skin.
- Jojoba Oil is moisturizing but it also creates a protective layer on the hair, which helps the hair maintain the moisturizing benefits even when exposed to heat styling tools.
- Coconut Oil, on the other hand, actually penetrates the hair shaft and repairs from the inside out so it is very useful on hair that has already seen intense damage from heat tools.
- As a bonus, Coconut Oil is also great for dry, scaly, itchy skin!